What is Career Focus?
Career Focus is a boutique career development firm in Sydney which prides itself on evidence based and individualised services. Committed to providing tailored services we do not adhere to ‘one size fits all’ approach to career development.
A core value underpinning the operations of Career Focus is the strong desire to assist others in meeting their career aspirations. A suite of services are available to assist individuals at all stages of their career development. This includes career counselling and career consultant services to assist with course and job applications. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Career Consultant, Director & Founder Dr. Melinda Varhegyi
As the face of Career Focus, Dr. Melinda Varhegyi is a highly enthusiastic, friendly and personable Organisational Psychologist who is passionate about motivating individuals to make powerful career related changes and to realise their potential. Through her experience as a psychologist providing career counselling, Human Resources (HR), management consulting and academia (teaching and research) Melinda brings a wealth of specialist knowledge, understanding and experience to her clients.
If you are at a crossroad with your work and/or study or you require assistance with job search, contact Career Focus to see how we can assist you with your career development.
Melinda’s Education and Training
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) – Dissertation examined career decision-making of university students
- Masters of Psychology (Organisational)
- Bachelor of Advanced Science (major in Psychology) and Honours in Psychology
- Full Member of Australian Psychological Association (APS)
- Generalist Registration as a Psychologist according to the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Full Member of College of Organisational Psychologists (COP)
- Endorsement in Organisational Psychology recognised by AHPRA and APS
- Board approved supervisor of organisational psychology interns for 4+2, 5+1 pathways and registrar program
- Professional Member of Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA)
- Accreditation in Genysys Psychometrics
- Accreditation in Hogan Psychometrics Assessments including Hogan Personality Inventory (HPI), Motives, Values, Preferences Inventory (MVPI) and Hogan Development Survey (HDS)
- Accreditation in BarOn Emotional Quotient Inventory
- Accreditation in Mayer-Salovey-Caruso Emotional Intelligence Test (MSCEIT)